Sunday, March 2, 2008

I’m Balanced Brain!!!

May be for the first time, I am writing about something after a lot of research and reading on the net! (For people like me, writing about brain really needs time and research!!!) :D


I am at Tickle (http://web.tickle.com/) for over 2 years now and have taken so many tests, that I’ve lost the count! I guess they’ve too and probably that’s why they started mailing me 1 free test in e-mail every week (When I say free test, read free results for tests, which they usually sell for around $10!) And this week’s was Brain Test… well, just to find out if I was Right brained or Left Brained. Funny test, I’d say, but yeah, with good logics hidden behind every question! And they came out with the results with the blink of an eye! This is what I read about myself:

“You are Balanced Brain. That means you are able to draw on the strengths of both the right and left hemispheres of your brain, depending upon a given situation. (Makes me smile ear to ear, already!!!) While many people have clearly dominant left- or right-brained tendencies, you are able to draw on skills from both hemispheres of your brain. This rare combination makes you a very creative and flexible thinker. (Yipeeeeee, it really cudnt get better than this !!!!!)

But…The down side to being balanced-brained is that you may sometimes feel paralyzed by indecision when the two hemispheres of your brain are competing to solve a problem in their own unique ways. (Now I know why I find myself pointing at right when I really mean Left and vice-versa!!! No kidding…this happens quite often with me, how true!)”
As if that wasn’t enough, they also mentioned: "Other balanced-brained people are pop singer Madonna, classical composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, and comedian and actor Robin Williams." (Well, till now, I really never thot I had something in common with’em!!!)

Left brained people are those who: * go as per facts and not logic* Focus on words & language & not the way they are said * Like math and science * Acknowledge well * Have good order/pattern perception * Are Practical and safe * Form strategies

And Right brained are known to * Learn symbols and images rather than names * Be Risk taking * Like philosophy and religion * Present the possibilities * Believe and appreciate * Be Good at imagination and so on!
Courtesy: Heraldsun
I never knew simple details about one could tell what side of brain that person is oriented to be! Things like keeping your desk messy or cleared all the time, being better at algebra or geometry, day dreaming or not, thinking in pictures or words, using words or pictures more when talking, being more flexible or more stable, being better at remembering names or faces…..
Courtesy: Blogthings
Another website said: The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning. Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others. If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic. Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet. The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility. Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way. If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art. Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.


Gosh! This was crazy…
Pictures Courtesy: "Google Images"
P.S.: If this entire trivia above gives you some idea about your brain or/and makes you curious to know more about yours, I recommend you appear for a test and know for urself!
Sweety.

0 other zodiacs scribbled: