Navin Mistry (Johnny), while travelling to work last year, April 4, had an accident, injuring his head. Multiple surgeries were performed, and to release the pressure caused by swelling in brain, skull caps of both left and right hemisphere were removed.
Few months later, Navin had to be discharged from hospital since he had developed a hospital infection.
I briefly met Navin during my last trip to Mumbai and then when he came to perform in Delhi about 2 years ago. Oh how can I forget to mention, he's an awesome Salsa dancer!
To name a few gradual improvements in Johnny,
- He would smile at you if you have been really close to him. You'd see a sad face if he notices you are sad.
- He likes to watch "Prison Break" - his all time fav TV show.
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S. is another show her sister makes him watch.
- Group of friends visits him daily, talk about happy times together and see his reactions.
- Suraj & Meenu (his siblings) want him to watch 3 idiots, they think it will make him happy.
Having come this far, Johnny will be taking another step towards a normal life this week. Docs operate on him to put the skull caps back again.
Without thinking of evens and odds, I pray for the Best!!!
You can read more about it here and here.